Suppose you have a WCF or Web service that has a method that takes a byte parameter. Such method is used for transferring small files across the network.
public TransferSmallFile(byte bytes)
Testing this method is difficult but with WCFStorm it becomes easy because it lets you directly load files into the byte parameter using the UI.
Let's see how we can do that
- First we need to add a service
- Select the method having the byte array parameter type.
- In the request pane, Select the byte parameter. This will cause the Object editor to display the "Click to load file" link. This link will prompt you to select a file in the file system
- Click on "Click to load file" link and select a file.
- The file will then be loaded into the byte type automatically